If I had the option, I would probably show someone how to upload a photo to Instagram instead of sending step-by-step instructions, right? With the screen recording feature available in iOS 11, you can! This useful tool is perfect to show a friend how to navigate through any item on your newly updated iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
For devices that automatically have the screen recording tool in the control center, simply slide up from the home screen and touch the button at the bottom left. This should be available for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X automatically.
If you do not see the record button, do not fear! You can add it from the control center as long as your device is upgraded to iOS 11.
- Go to your configuration. Touch Control Center and then Customize the controls.
- If you scroll down, you will see a greener sign symbol next to Screen Recording. Touch to add to your Control Center.
- Swipe up to access your Control Center. You should see the record button now (a circle with a smaller circle inside).
- Touch the Record screen button to start the countdown for recording. Now you are recording every action that is displayed on the screen.
- To stop recording the screen, just slide up to the Control Center and press the record button again. You will notice that the red recording bar at the top of your screen will stop.
- To access the recording, open your Photos application. It will be automatically saved as a video.
The next time you receive the dreaded text “How should I do it ____ on my phone?”, Just remember this useful guide. If you are interested in buying an Apple device for less, check out our selection of Apple technology that is used with care here.